Mind and pregnancy doesn’t go hand in hand as the hormones are always in a secret mission to make you mad. But at times you can try and maintain your sanity and help yourself to have a peaceful pregnancy. Here are a few points that I feel you all should practice during pregnancy.
1. People will judge : To keep u our sanity you should always keep people’s judgement at bay. Over thinking about negativity will only make it worse. Try to avoid ignoble people or activities that makes you dull, lethargic and negative. Just say , ‘Bye bye, I gotta make a whole new human for me.’
2. It can be any gender : Don’t be centric with the choice of gender. It’ll be your baby make it the best from the rest. Stop thinking in pinks and blues. Let the boy be a dress designer and the girl an engineer. They’ll be the best what they’ll be capable of.
3. Shop wisely : People start shopping as early as at the start of second trimester ( I did the same) . Do not make the nursery in pink or blue as I said earlier go for any soft pastel. Do not buy rockers or bouncer or swings unless you try it with the baby. How will you try? Make the baby rock on your lap if he/she is comfortable buy a rocker and likewise for swings and bouncer.
4. Do not believe in myths : -The shape of your belly bump. Oh yes it’s a round it’ll be a girl , slender , it is for sure a boy . Excuse Me. – Blotted nose in third trimester is a sign of a girl. – Facial hair growth indicates a boy. – The heartbeat of a girl child never reaches more than 120 ( Inaaya had a heartbeat of 132 during my last days ) . There are my insinuations associated with pregnancy by the ancestors.
5. Be prepared : The first time mommies always be prepared in your mind for the day, not to panic , listen all the instructions given my your mother or any expert (who have a baby, there are many who have a bundle of information but not a single child) and your doctor. Stay calm the baby knows it’s way. Breath , smile , cry, yell, bite, scream do whatever you feel like keeping in mind that – This too shall pass. I’ll have my baby.
6. Eat healthy : Cravings will haunt anytime, anyplace and you can suffice them. You can always have sweets, sour and junk but in small portions. And on a daily basis it is real important to eat a whole healthy meals. Small, nutritive, healthy meals . Supplements will make up but you need to have food for their proper absorption.
7. Me time : You’ll need all the time of the day for this. Go for walks , exercise, indulge in activities with other fellow preggers. If working make sure you at least take an hour out. Than you can bifurcate it in exercise, walk and an activity of your choice painting, doodling, mandala making, swimming, dancing, anything.
Hope you like the pointers and don’t forget to make these 8/9 months the most memorable months that you can cherish all your life. Ya one more , do try not to fight with that poor soul named – Husband ❤️